Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Great Discussions with the Great Black Sister Courtney :)

On the Death of Brother Jonathan A. Ferrell

Me: Hitting him 10 times. This was as an evil, unjustified execution. These recent revelations confirm my view about this case. It has always been evil murder done against unarmed black males, but the brazenness of it now by crooked officers is truly disturbing to say the least. A black man's life ought to valued, but a lot of ignorant folks hate black men and black women all of the time. This man was trying to receive assistance and he was treated as less than a man by corrupt officers. Justice should be done, but the crooked boys (not men) in blue will try to make excuses. Kudos to Newsone for showing this story here, because our people should be reminded of the injustices confronting our community.

Courtney: Hello truthseeker2436577 Last week, around 9pm here, a man of latin origin, knocked on my door and rang the doorbell.I went to the door, never opening it, asking him what he wanted. It was hard to understand him a bit because of his accent but finally figured out that he was asking me about the house for sale across from me. Now, I'm looking at this tall man, asking about some darn building supplies at 9 pm, pitch black out. He wanted to know if I saw some outside the house. In my mind, he was not making sense to me. Could he have been totally legit? Of course but I don't open the door for people at night and not really during the day, when I am home. State your business through the door where I can see you. Anyway, I was like "I don't know what you are talking about.I told him to call the police if someone pulled a fast one on him. I ended up calling for a patrol car to patrol the area anyway. What I said to them was, someone knocked on the door asking about building supplies. That is was probably nothing but found it kind of strange that someone would be asking at 9 at night. I did not panick and tell the police that someone was trying to kick my door in. smh. I am confused as to why this female thought that this man ,who was knocking on the door, was trying to rob and harm her and her child.


Me: Hello Sister Courtney.
Thank God you are Okay. You being Okay is great first and foremost.
You did the right thing since you can just crack the door a little to allow someone to state their business and so forth. I never had an incident like that before. I do have Jehovah Witnesses religious missionaries knock on my door and talking to me about their religious view before on Saturday mornings though. JWs target homes all of the time, but this act to the young man was totally unjustified without question. The women talking to the operator could have had a preconceived notion (we know the notion) about a black male knocking on her door. He obviously was unarmed and ran away from the house meaning that he was no long term threat to the female. The female acted hysterically. The man was involved in an accident. This incident requires little investigation. It is a clear cut case of excessive force. The officer is lucky that he is charged manslaughter since he should be charged with 1st degree murder as you have mentioned before.

Courtney: Thanks but i'm never worried but cautious. I got stuff for that. :)Anyway, The reason why I told it is because, their is a clear line between being hysterical and being rational,calm,and collected. Their would of been no reason for me to ASSUME THAT this latin, mexican, or other man, was going to do me harm right off the back because the door was closed.If the scenario by him changed in some sort of way that was threatening, then I would of went to plan b and called 911 describing what was unfolding. This woman opened the door at 2 in the morning for someone who she thought was her husband? REALLY? Usually, a responsible husband will tell his wife, about what time he is going to be home. And a husband will always say outside the door, "ITS ME" IDENTIFYING himself to his woman in some way with visual conformation because that would be apart of that MANHOOD PROTECTION THING for his woman and family.I'm not buying this scenario. This sounds like a case of the BIG BLACK SCARY MAN SYNDROME. When in fact, it should be the other way around.

Me: We know the stuff that you got. :) There is nothing wrong with self defense indeed Sister. :)
The rest of your points are very interesting. The "big black brute" sick stereotype is still among us as evident with this incident. Many of the racists have embraced this lying stereotype as an excuse to try to repel legitimate, aggressive black masculine power in the world (and to scapegoat black men for all ills of America). That is an excellent point that you have made. That is why black men have every God given right to be aggressive against oppression, to be aggressive against injustice, to be aggressive as a means to build in society (and achieve their real, total potential as black men), and to be sensitive to the needs of the community, the poor, and the oppressed in society. Black women being strong too is no detriment to her femininity either since as Malcolm X said, when the women is progressive, then the whole of society is progressive. Also, there are always signals that a wife and a husband know when a husband comes home. It can be a specific door ring, or a key opening a door (because if you own a home, you have a key or multiple ones. It is strange for her to not realize that the murdered man was not her husband). The other way around is also correct by you since many black human beings (including strong, black grown men) fear losing their jobs, losing their income, etc. from the current white power structure (as Dr. King said). So, we should use strength not fear as a motivating factor in fighting for our liberation as black human beings.

Courtney: You Said- The "big black brute" sick stereotype is still among us as evident with this incident. Many of the racists have this as an excuse to try to repel legitimate, aggressive black masculine power in the world (and to scapegoat black men for all ills of America).
Exactly Truthseeker. When in fact , it was the black mans Masculinity and strength that built America. The stereotypes about the Masculinity of black men are beyond ignorant and it comes from others who fear and lack and have absolutely no confidence of their own masculinity. As a woman, the black man and his masculinity,manhood is something that women should never fear when it's balanced and controlled. That is something that black women need and look for because it's his manhood and masculinity that protects us and gets things done as well as understanding that his power is colossal in nature but never misusing it against his women and children. When WE see a strong,masculine black man, We don't fear it, We smile at it. Their is nothing wrong with BLACK MANHOOD,MASCULINITY. He is not made to be soft but we as women ,tap into his compassionate side for us. The black mans masculinity should not be watered down.

Me: Co-Sign 100 percent Sista Courtney :)
Once again, you are a great defender of us black men and us Brothers appreciate you for it. Yes, when racists demonize black masculinity, the express their own inadequacies and inferiority complexities. For some, they falsely assume that strength, power, and legitimate aggressiveness are negatives in the world. These folks confuse these items with real evil negatives in the world like mistreatment, abuse, and unjust evil. See, I can be aggressive legitimately or show my strength as a man, but I should not mistreat or abuse a fellow human being. That is the point that you and others have made. We as men and women have differences and similarities. When we appreciate our differences and similarities in a mutually beneficial fashion, then Unity can grow, love can grow, and Life will be more fulfilling. I will continue to defend black men and black women forever like always. Have a Blessed Day Sista Courtney. :) I love you as a great, inspirational human being. :) I love you.

Courtney: You said- For some, they falsely assume that strength, power, and legitimate aggressiveness are negatives in the world.
As you stated, they are not. Anyone with commonsense, can understand this.I have a brother, have great masculine black men in my family so I will always defend the truth and what I recognize as positives, masculine manhood in black men period.No one can convince me of anything other than that. You have blessed day too Truthseeker2436577 :)


_____________________


Me: I heard of the popularity of the show Castle before. I like to look at political shows around this time and then look at other shows later on like comedies or movies on various channels. I am doing fine. Also, I like Soul Story on VH1Soul too (which shows videos about one artist's musical evolution throughout their career). In the final analysis, the grind can never be stopped, the drum still beats, and the soul continues to fly in the Universe.

Courtney: I usually do but sometimes, I get sick of all the talking points on certain news channels.. I use to like to watch the Keith Olbermann show until they canned him.I will tune into Melissa Perry, Rachel Meadow wasn't to bad, Chris Mathews. Sharpton. To keep us with all the lies being told. :)
CAstle is great! well written show plus sister Tamala Jones plays the medical examiner. Just wish she had more face time but hopefully the new season she will. Love movies. didn't see World War Z yet so hopefully it will be in red box this weekend. :)

Me: I know what you mean. I remember watching the Phil Donahue show back in 2003 during the run up to the Iraq War. It was cut soon after the Iraq War began. I look at many political shows to get how folks think on issues and look at the Internet, books, etc. as a means to get the fuller picture on political matters. I do love Angela Rye's tribute to her unborn son. I think she spoke from her heart on that matter. I almost shed tears when I heard her tribute to black males from her heart. Tamron Hall is another strong, qualified, and determined woman too, regardless of how you think of her politics. Balance is what we need as you have mentioned. There is time for joy and a time for seriousness. There is a time to work and a time for play. As long as we fight for truth and improve ourselves including our communities, then that is all that matters at the end of the day. :)

Courtney: Yup. Tamron Hall has her own show on Investigative I.D and yes I will watch her on msnbc when I can catch it as well. She is extremely strong ,intelligent. I have even more respect for her, learning about the murder of her sister and how she channeled that into her new show.
Thank you for putting me on to Angela Rye. I just watched Letter to my unborn Son. She spoke 100 percent TRUTH and walks with truth to put it out there like that.YOU CAN'T CENSOR THE TRUTH AND IT SHOULD NOT BE. She is right and what she said should be heard and internalized by every black woman with a son and those of us who have non as of yet.. Thank you for this vital information. :)

Me: You're Welcome Sista. Approaching 2020, the struggle continues, but our faith is strong and our cause is just. There is nothing like the truth and true love also. I am human so I will love. I will continue to keep the faith and believe in the honorable adherence to black liberation. Thank you for your insightful Wisdom. :)

Courtney: Yes it does. Different Generation,same nonsense.So we have to be careful and not get to comfortable because sometimes things appear as if they have changed, and some things have ,but these institutions of racism that edud01, you,broshabbazz,blackheywood,and even the real smitty in his own way, speak about, are still very much alive. Thank you and thanks to them as well.


______________________________





No comments: